CakePHP resource collection for newbie.
Posted October 9, 2007on:
If you are new at CakePHP here are some resources that would help you to start the journey of CakePHP framework. It?s always better to read the cakePHP manual at the beginning and start 15 minutes blog tutorials to get an idea about Cake. Now it?s up to you which version of Cake you want to use. I have sorted the list of resources according to the version of CakePHP. Just follow the links?.
- Which Cake Should you use? http://cakebaker.42dh.com/2007/05/25/which-cake-should-you-eat/
- http://cakephp.org: The official CakePHP website. [CakePHP Download 1.1]
- http://cakeforge.org/projects/cakedocs/: Download the manual in different formats (PDF, CHM).
- Blog Tutorials: http://manual.cakephp.org/appendix/blog_tutorial
- Simple form authentication: http://manual.cakephp.org/appendix/simple_user_auth
- Cake 1.1 console: http://cakebaker.42dh.com/tags/bake/
- API documentation : http://api.cakephp.org/
- Which Cake should you use? http://cakebaker.42dh.com/2007/05/25/which-cake-should-you-eat/
- http://cakephp.org: The official CakePHP website. [CakePHP Download 1.2 currently alpha version is available]
- https://cakeforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/sandbox/1.2/?root=cakedocs [ Cake 1.2 Manual, not completed]
- Blog tutorials : http://ahsanity.wordpress.com/2007/08/31/making-the-blog-tutorial-run-on-cakephp-12/
- Simple form authentication : http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/simple-form-authentication-in-1-2-x-x
- Cake 1.2 console/baking : http://anupom.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/get-set-bake-cake12-console-in-win-environment/
- API documentation : http://api.cakephp.org/1.2/
- http://bakery.cakephp.org: A place for the community to share tutorials, code snippets, etc.
Discussion and questions:
- http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php: The main discussion group. Remember you have to subscribe to be a member of this group and you have to have a Gmail id.
- http://groups.google.com/group/cakephp-docs: Discussion group dedicated to the documentation efforts.
Blogs & Article on CakePHP :
- http://www.thinkingphp.org/cakenews/ [get all latest news and other resources]
- http://www.avatarfinancial.com/pages/cake/ [21 things that the writer learnt from Cake. Interesting…]
- http://hades.phparch.com/ceres/public/article/index.php/art::cakephp::overview [A nice overview of CakePHP by Fabio Cevasco]
- http://www.sitepoint.com/article/application-development-cakephp [PHP needs a framework!]
- http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/593 [extending plug-in, helpers and component]
- dhofstet: cakebaker
- sosa:(designer of CakePHP.org)
- gwoo’s blog
- nate’s blog [nate, core developer of cakePHP]
Get all resources together here: http://cakebaker.42dh.com/cakephp-resources